So, the last week has been eventful for us. Our A/C busted down last Thursday, which meant all of us feeling sticky and uncomfortable. Sophie and I wimped out and headed to my parents' house at the lake for the weekend. Andy roughed it in the house with the cats so that he could stay home and get fitted for new golf clubs. Such sacrifice. Sophie and I returned Monday when the air was fixed.
While at the lake, Sophie took her first boat ride. I think the combination of an encumbering life jacket, warm sun, cool breeze, loud engine, and rocking boat equaled the perfect cradle. She immediately fell asleep.
We got home Monday, and we weren't home for more than a hour when Sophie had her first injury (I'm surprised we made it almost a year). She was pulling herself up by our front door, and Andy and I both said "her hands are going to slip." Being the good parents we are, we of course just wanted it happen. Her hands did indeed slip, and she face planted onto the sill of the window by the door. The poor girl cried so hard she made herself gag. We quick administered the needed treatment (a binky, a cuddle in Mommy's lap, and a bag of frozen blueberries), and she soon was calmed. We took a picture of the bump on her head (the big red mark above her right eye near her hair line). It won't be the last, I'm sure.
Yesterday we had a play date with Dina and Ian Hamilton. We had a picnic at Stocksdale park. The kids were so cute together. Ian decided Sophie's lunch looked pretty good, so they shared watermelon, strawberries, and peas. It was a great day, and the kids had a great time. They're starting to interact more, which is fun. We had a good time on the swings too.
We have lots planned for the week. My friend Shelly suggested I post my to-do list for the week. Each day I have a list of the tasks I want to accomplish each day. It makes it easier to get things done, and I can give a response when someone says "what do you do all day". Here's this week's list for far:
Wednesday:
- Go to Green Acres to buy milk and cereal for Sophie
- Go to Babies R Us and get diapers and sippy cups (I have coupons!)
- Make chicken strips, buckwheat groats, and wilted greens for dinner
- Put away laundry
- Do Sophie's laundry (wash friends--her stuffed animals)
Thursday:
- Deanna Rose with MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers)
- Dust my bedroom
Friday:
- Go to library
- Vacuum bedrooms
- Get haircut
I'm sure before the week is over, the list will have grown and things will not have been done. Oh well...there's only so many hours in the day between feeding, changing, and playing with a wobbler. It may be hard to image what one can do to fill the day at home with a baby, but I swear that time moves faster for me now than when I worked. Speaking of time, it's time to wake up Sophie...she was tired after a hard day at the park.

No comments:
Post a Comment