Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Update...

So, I wrote my previous post earlier today during Sophie's afternoon nap. Of course, since she likes to be contrary and prove me wrong, she went to sleep without a peep, and I never heard a noise until I went in to get her 1.5 hours later. She always does that...it's like she knows when I've said something about her, and she wants everyone to think I'm lying.

Tonight at bedtime, she immediately sits up in her crib and starts to throw her extra binky out of the bed. I corrected her, hoping she'd realize she shouldn't do that. So instead she sat there and flailed it around with an expression like "I meant to do this the whole time." I leave her to do her thing. I bit later I hear her crying in her bed. I figured it was because she threw the binkies out, and I resisted going in there. After 30 minutes of crying, I decided I would check on her anyway. I cracked open the door, and it was beastly hot in her room. Her room faces west, so the setting sun makes the heat linger in her room for a while. So the poor thing still had her binky in her mouth...she just was hot. I can't blame her for crying about that, so of course I feel bad for not checking on her earlier and making her be uncomfortably hot.

I guess the lesson I'm suppose to learn is to go with the flow, because this game doesn't have any rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if I ever have kids, tell me EXACTLY stuff like this when I ask you questions--don't be gentle or nonchalant about it! I want to know how other mothers did these things, even if I decide to do something different. I LOVE your opinions, and I think you are a GENIUS of a mother (and at most other things too--in fact, everything I've ever seen you do or try or learn). Thanks for sharing so much of yourself--you're brave :)