She also surprised Andy and I yesterday when we were hanging out in the living room and she decided to pull herself up on the bottom stair. She wanted to prove she really can do these things; she just chooses not to on principle. Of course, when I tried to get her to do it again this morning, she just looked at me like I was crazy (really...she has this expression that says "are you for real?").
Anyway, yesterday was our first official day as stay-at-home mommy and baby. My last day of work was 4/25, but Andy was on vacation the past week and a half, so it didn't really count. It was a pretty good day. We played, read books, sang songs, made the usually messes during meal time, and played chase down the hallway. She really is a good baby. It'll take me a few weeks to get myself in a routine. Sophie's on a great schedule, but I am not. I end up wasting precious nap time freedom doing random things, whereas I should be walking on the treadmill or cleaning my bathroom. I'll figure it out though. I had to give myself a bedtime, because I was staying up too late reading. It's hard when I know I don't have to go to work the next day (although I have to say that I probably could function on less sleep when I had a job than with this job).
Today we're meeting Dina and Ian Hamilton for our first play date. We're going for a walk on a nearby trail where there's buffalo! Speaking of buffalo, we took Sophie to Deanna Rose on Monday. She loved it! We took her into the baby goat pen to pet the goats, and she was laughing at them and trying to grab their noses. Of course, they were trying to nibble her fingers. She had a good time, and it was a beautiful day! We are bad parents and forgot the camera, so we have no pictures of it. Oh well...there will be other outings, and we have it in our memories.
Here's some pictures of Sophie from this week.
Standing!! No, she doesn't have a giant butt...that's one of her new reusable diapers. They're a little bulkier, but they're healthier for her, our pocket book, and the environment. Thanks to Jen for the recommendation!!

2 comments:
We need a picture of the "Are you for real?" face. The public demands it!
That picture in the bath looks SO much like Andy! Adorable.
Love you :)
Kate
Post a Comment