Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

My exciting life

So, our lives aren't very exciting these days. Sophie and I get up at 8, eat breakfast, and she plays while I clean up the kitchen (it somehow always needs cleaning every morning). She takes a nap at 10, and I indulge myself by check my email, reading blogs, or knitting. She gets up at 11:30, and she either jumps in the johnny jump-up while I take a shower, or we play or read books.

We eat lunch at 12, then run errands and play with crayons or toys or books. After shes goes down for her afternoon nap at 2, I again indulge myself again or do a few simply chores. She gets up at 4, and we play until I make dinner. We eat at 5:30 (sometimes Andy is home from work and sometimes not yet). Then Andy and Sophie play while I clean up the kitchen again, and we do something to occupy the evening (go for a walk, run errands, whatever). Sophie gets a bath and goes to bed at 8, and Andy and I have some alone time until we go to bed around 11. Then the day starts all over again.

Looking at our daily schedule, it doesn't seem very strenuous. I feel guilty for not doing more things during her naptime, but I need the personal time to keep me sane. I actually can get quite a bit done during the day. I'll vacuum a room or two while she eats lunch, or she helps me do the laundry (she likes to push the button for the light on the dryer). I figure if I can get the things done on my to-do list everyday and still spend quality time with her, then I deserve my breaks. I have to quarrel about this with myself every now.

I really love this job though. I definitely am tired by the end of the day, and sometimes I opt to go mow the lawn in favor of Andy watching Sophie for the evening, but mostly it's a lot of fun. I'm getting to read tons of fun books (such as the Madeline books), I get to play with toys like my old xylophone from 1978, and Andy and I probably use up more of the paper drawing pictures than Sophie does scribbling. My brain is atrophying, but I don't really care if it takes me 5 minutes to figure out that doubling 3/4 of a cup is 1 1/2 cups. I figure I'll learn it all again when Sophie goes to school. :-)

Here's some random pictures from the past few weeks.


This is Sophie saying hi to Kate and Jared's dog Spirit. She loves their dogs (both great danes) and isn't afraid one bit. They were more afraid of her at first, but they've come to realize she's just a small person.


This is an outfit Maw Maw made for her. I call it her strawberry shortcake romper.



Sophie decided to dunk herself in the pool last time. Guess she likes the water okay.


This is the face she makes when she's trying to convey a feeling of self pity. She's becoming very adept at expressions...it's hilarious to watch!


We both could have dozed off in the hammock at the lake. This was less than 5 minutes after getting in.


I had to include a picture of the way she stands. We think she's going to be a ballerina, because she'd prefer to stand on her tippy toes than regularly. She has quite the calf muscles already. She's very close to walking.


1 comment:

shelly said...

that hammock is heavenly