She was going to have to get up early from nap today anyway so I could get my hair cut, so going down for nap early wasn't a bad thing. Maybe she just wanted to be alone. She loves sitting in her bed with books, and I can't blame her. I do too. If she sleeps, great. If she doesn't, that's her choice and it means an earlier afternoon nap time. Even after she stops taking morning naps, she's still going to have an hour or so in her bed in the mornings. It gives her some quiet time and me some personal time. It's good for both of us.
She's in that transition stage from baby to toddler, and I'm trying to keep up. I'm finding I'm having to discipline her now, because she's starting to test the boundaries and has the critical thinking skills to learn when something is okay and not okay. She's getting good at it. For example, when we color, I've repeatedly instructed her that crayons stay on the table and that she can't crawl around with them. Now you can see she starts to hesitate when she sits down with a crayon still in her hand...you can see the thought process of "I'm not suppose to have this on the floor." She may still do it, but the hesitation is a step in the right direction. Now when I say "crayons on the table," she immediately stands back up at the table with her crayons. It amazes me how much she understands, even though she doesn't say very many words. She can say some words though, and she's getting good with her baby sign language.
Aunt Shelly's going to come babysit tomorrow night while Andy and I go to a wedding. I think she'll have a good time, because she likes Aunt Shelly.

No comments:
Post a Comment