Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 27, 2008

What I get for being a night owl...

...and what you have to put up with in the way of a post.

First, I'll fulfill my promise from last time to post 10 random things about myself (no particular order of importance).
  1. I turned 29 a few weeks ago...for another year, I can still claim to be in my 20s.

  2. I am officially a full-time mommy!! This is wonderful and scary at the same time.

  3. I can fold my tongue into thirds (I'll post a picture if I remember).

  4. I get free back scratches by letting my cat use me as a scratching post (she's declawed).

  5. I have read books on paganism and wicca so I could form my own opinions, and I have concluded that the symbolism of pagan holidays is something that people of any religion could agree with. For example, the most recent holiday was Ostara at the spring equinox. Its purpose is to celebrate growth, fertility, and renewal of the earth (as is demonstrated by the buds and blooms of spring) and of ourselves (coming out of winter hibernation, that feeling that the sap is rising within you, focusing on new life and projects). We should all take a day and focus on the renewing of the earth (whether by God's hand or nature's) and a feeling of renewal in ourselves.

  6. Apparently my natural hair color is a cool brown (cool as in warm/neutral/cool, not cool/hip).

  7. My favorite snack food of all times is Cheez-Its.

  8. I love sappy romance novels, because I tend to get lost in the books I read, and those I can come out the other side feeling happy.

  9. I am the only one awake in my house at the moment.

  10. I make my own baby food and am contemplating switching to cloth diapers. As my friend Brian at work used to say "you're walking in a cloud of granola."

There...that's done. Now I want to monologue for a minute. It may seem stalkerish, but the reason I'm still awake at 1:30am is because I've spent the last 2 hours reading the past blog postings of a friend from high school whom I just found via another HS friend. She and I were good friends our senior year, and we lost tough in college. When I was forwarded her blog, I had to read and find out what she's been up to, at least for the past 3 years. I have to say that if I wasn't a blog fan before, I am now. If she ever responds to my facebook invitation to be my friend, then it won't take long to get caught up, at least for me. (Heather, if you ever read my blog, hopefully you won't think I'm weird for having read all your old postings and then blogged about it on my blog.)

And for my Sophie entry, I will just confirm to anyone who might have been confused that she is the best baby that's come to this earth (even if she might have said "dada" to Andy today and only looks to me when she's mad about something). Here's a picture from her first haircut that was a month ago.


No comments: