Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 18, 2008

Maiden posting

It's sort of like the NPR pledge drives...they make you feel guilty for consuming without contributing. I have been an avid consumer of blogs, so it's time I contribute to the world of personal rants and nonsense. I'll warn you that most of my posts may involve Sophie, since starting a week from now, she becomes my boss. However, I may throw in random other stuff here and there.

I'm going to start with quasi-random and respond to my dear friend Shelly's challange to list the top 10 things that define the quality of my life. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Striving to live a more natural life as economically as possible (organic food, being green, alternative medicine, etc.)

2. Having good friends and really getting to know who they are

3. Having a little me time everyday

4. Indulging (in moderation) my food cravings

5. Finding a balance between the time or money conundrum (especially since staying home will mean more time, less money)

6. Making lists and spreadsheets to keep myself on track (Microsoft Excel is a good friend of mine)

7. Reading books

8. Making my home a peaceful place to be

9. Being Sophie (and future children) the best start in their life journeys

10. Having the opportunity to explore things that interest me


There you have it. My next post will be in respond to my friend Ginger’s blog who tagged everyone’s name who start with M to list 10 random things about oneself.


Ps. To keep true to my mommy self, here’s a picture of my Sophie.


1 comment:

shelly said...

yay for blogging.

yay for sophie.

yay for you being the first to respond to my top ten list.

yay for spell checker... :)