Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer 2009

I'm such a terrible person at updating this thing, I'm surprised if anyone still checks it. I will say that our computer refused to load pictures for a while, so I couldn't upload anything I had taken. See...justification.

Anyway, our summer has been good. We play outside a bunch, and we did the summer program at Kindermusik. We went to Gulf Shores, AL for vacation with my (Missy) family in June, which was very very fun. Sophie and Andy had a great time playing on the beach, and I huddled under the beach umbrella trying to avoid a sunburn.

Sophie's favorite things to do right now are read books, do artsy things (color or fingerpaint), and play dress up. She pretty much always has some kind of dress-up thing. She learned to count to 10 in English and Spanish (thank you, Dora), and she's starting to learn the alphabet song. I think she's going to be very creative, because already she's showing signs of a vivid imagination. Besides the dress up, she'll make these funny faces and do silly movements that make sense to whatever's going through her mind (it's hard to explain, but hilarious to watch). She also is always making one thing out of another (today it was a wand in a hat became a train). She plays by herself really well, so it's fun to see what she comes up with.

Here's some pictures from our summer adventures thus far:

Click here to view these pictures larger



Oh, we also expanded our family this week. Andy and I decided to rebel against the surburban family stereotype and branch out our hobbies.

1 comment:

AP2 said...

I am still reading! :)